Tuesday 28 January 2014

Katie's 18th Birthday! (part one!)

What a marvellous thing that I was in Utah for Katie's birthday (I left just before Dylan's, sadly). I spent so much time with my family in New York, and lived with them for five years, so it was a real blessing to be able to be with them and celebrate Katie's birthday.

We drove up into the mountains and wandered about a bit. Katie brought her guitar, and serenaded us up at Sundance. She even took it into the shop with her and the girls behind the desk insisted that she sing something, which she did!

Beautiful!

Turkey tracks.

Brrr! A bit chilly!



Katie attempting a snow angel. I love how her hair fanned out.



Katie the troubadour.


Sundance

Turkeys!

A solitary Heather.


A contemplative Dylan.

A CRAZY Katie - walking out to the statue in the COLD water! 







One of our favourite stories to tell about Katie is when Heather was visiting Utah with Dylan & Katie. We went up into the mountains - to South Fork Park (my personal favourite). There was a log which had fallen across the river, and Dylan (who was, I think, about nine or ten years old) timidly walked out onto the log. When he came back, he advised Katie not to follow his example, as it was dangerous. Katie then proceeded to run out onto the log - not once but twice! When she returned, she exclaimed, "That was too easy!". This photo is from that time. I thought it would be nice to include a sort-of "then & now" photo of Heather, Dylan & Katie.




I have more pictures from Katie's birthday, but I'll do a 'part two' post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment