Friday 17 January 2014

The Domestic Architecture of Provo

Provo is rich in possessing many charming bungalows, fine examples of Arts & Crafts houses, and other fine architecture. One of my greatest joys growing up was walking around the side streets of Provo admiring the lovely houses. My sister Heather & I went for a walk and I stopped to take some pictures of these beautiful homes.



The beauty that is Klinker Bricks. Partially vitrified bricks. I love the strange, grotesque shapes they burn into. 

This is the wall that runs around...

This! Isn't it gorgeous? Sigh. I find Craftsman houses to be irresistible.


The window looking out onto the porch.

A glimpse of more Klinker bricks and the front door. 



This home has been turned into flats. It was so strange to be able to just walk right in! That wouldn't happen in Glasgow!

Upstairs. And LOOK at that stained glass in the stairwell.

I'm not sure what architectural style this is, but I love this crazy house! 


Close-up.
Sycamore trees on Center Street.


Another beautiful house. Sorry I cut off the roof a bit!

I love this Art Deco house. Every time I see it I expect to see Hercule Poirot paying a visit to solve some mystery! 

Beautiful Craftsman home! This is just across the street from my house.



1 comment:

  1. Wow. Talk about a walk down memory lane. I'm glad to see so many of these old homes are still standing.

    ReplyDelete