Friday 30 November 2012

A Musical Evening

One of the things I miss the most about New York is getting together with my family and our friends the Mason's and singing. I think about it often, and some day I will have a singing group. People can come over to wherever I'm living and we'll sit together and sing folk songs. I can't wait!

In the meantime, I snatch moments of music whenever I can. Josephine brought her ukulele again on Monday (she hasn't done that for awhile) and while we were getting ready for the evening, one of the Elders (trying to remember his name!) from Germany got it out and started singing a church song (probably something from EFY or the mission) and the other Elder started singing along. It was great.

Later on, we sang some Christmas carols to Josephine's accompaniment. She also showed me a website that had lots of uke chords for 1920s songs! I was in 7th Heaven!

The Elders singing.

Lost in a world of jolly ukulele songs!

1 comment: