Wednesday 19 December 2012

Stained-glass windows on vellum


So, I ended up with a roll of tracing paper. I ordered it in an eager moment when I thought I might do something related to sewing. It wasn't what I was expecting, so I tucked it away for Christmas use. You see, Heather has these great 'colouring books' I guess you'd call them - pictures from real stained-glass windows that you colour & can stick in your window, and, because they're on tracing paper, it looks beautiful. Heather always uses these at Christmas time, and I really miss them, so I thought we could make some for a FHE activity. Which is what we did.

Amazingly, I forgot my camera, so I don't have a picture of everyones, but I did get a picture of Rachel's and mine of course.

This was my practice piece. I drew it from this picture I took at the St Mungo Museum of Religious Life & Art (see below).

The stained-glass. I think it's depicting John the Baptist.

The one I did at FHE. As you can tell, I didn't have any real stained-glass pictures to look at this time.


Rachel's. Very, very lovely! 

1 comment: